Pour in reserved stock. Add in anchovies, lemon juice and zest, parsley, 1/2 tablespoon salt, celery leaves, 1 teaspoon pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Let simmer for flavors to marry, about 20 minutes.
Get this recipe with exact measurements here: dimitrasdishes.com/recipes/psarosoupa-greek-style-lemony-fish-soup
2 ½ -3 pounds white fish (red snapper, cod, monkfish…) scaled, and intestines removed
7-8 cups water
2 potatoes cubed
1 small onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
10-15 black peppercorns
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt, to taste
½ cup rice
For the Egg-Lemon Sauce:
2 egg yolks
1/4-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, or more
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup olive oil
In a large pot, place the water, vegetables, fish, olive oil, peppercorns, and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover with the lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the cooked vegetables and fish onto a platter.
Strain the broth through a strainer to catch any fishbones. Rinse the pot.
Transfer the strained broth back into the pot and add the rice with half a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
Carefully remove the bones and skin from the fish and discard them. Cut the fish into chunks and set aside in a bowl. Check the vegetables and remove any fish bones or skin from them.
To make the egg-lemon sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add 1-2 cups of the hot soup broth to the lemon sauce and whisk well.
Add the fish chunks and as many of the cooked vegetables that you want back into the pot along with the egg-lemon sauce. Cook through over medium heat 3-4 minutes. The soup will continue to thicken as it sits.
Taste and adjust seasoning to suit your taste. Add more lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately with some toasted bread. Enjoy!
Official Facebook Page: facebook.com/dimitrasdishes
Here are links to some of my favorite cooking tools. The links take you to Amazon where I'm proud to be an affiliate partner :)
My cutting board: amzn.to/2e2p8ED
Kitchen Aid Mixer: amzn.to/2dQXU0b
Food Processor: amzn.to/2eXcvZd
Madeleine Pan: amzn.to/2dQU1sm
Cheesecake Pan: amzn.to/2eXaGeQ
Vitamix Blender: amzn.to/2eXcvbH
Nonstick pan: amzn.to/2eL804t
Cast iron pan: amzn.to/2dQYfjs
Pastry Bag: amzn.to/2e2v0xD
Half sheet baking pans: amzn.to/2fcv7cD
Thanks for watching! I'd love to see your recreations of these dishes so please share pics with me on social media :)
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and spread the word so that we can make the world more delicious!
- Greek-Stye Lemony Fish Soup: Psarosoupa ( Read More)
- Psarosoupa (Greek fish soup) and Avgolemono recipe ( Read More)
- Greek fish soup recipe (Psarosoupa recipe) ( Read More)
- Greek Fisherman's Soup: Kakavia ( Read More)
- Psarosoupa - Agitated Cooking (Episode 9) ( Read More)
- Greek Fish Soup | Akis Petretzikis ( Read More)
- Fish Soup - Psarosoupa with Vegetables - Ψαρόσουπα ( Read More)
- Psarosoupa | Fish Soup | Chef P ( Read More)
- Greek Fish Soup, Greek Psarosoupa Avgolemono (Ψαροσουπα Αυγολεμονο) ( Read More)
- Psaro soupa fish soup ( Read More)
- How to make a ( Psarosoupa) The Greek fish soup ( Read More)
- Fish Soup at MANDRAKI Restaurant- Agistri Island ( Read More)
- Gennaro's Italian Fish Soup ( Read More)
- Ψαρόσουπα παραδοσιακή χωρίς αυγολέμονο, οικονομική συνταγή - Fish soup | Greek Cooking by Katerina ( Read More)
- Greek Fish Soup - Kakavia ( Read More)
- Greek fish soup ( Read More)
- FISH SOUP WITH VEGETABLES - PSAROSOUPA | HEALTHY SOUP | CJ'S CUISINE ( Read More)
- How to make a Greek Fish Stew with Jamie Oliver's Tefal Hard Anodised Cookware ( Read More)
- GREEK FISHERMAN'S SOUP- KAKAVIA ( Read More)