Shape foil into a bowl. Add shrimp and pour in enough jerk seasoning to cover. Place the foil bowl on the grill.
Jerk Shrimp Skewers definitely bring the taste of Jamaica to your kitchen and table. These shrimp on a skewer are easy to make and in no time you will be sharing and enjoying these spicy shrimp with friends and loved ones. This homemade jerk seasoning/marinade is made with allspice, Scotch Bonnet peppers and white onion. The Scotch Bonnet peppers were de-seeded as these peppers are very spicy. Feel free to leave the seeds in if you like really spicy food. Other flavors include cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme, ginger and cumin. Brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and lime juice provided an added depth of flavor to the overall flavor profile of these Jerk Shrimp skewers! After marinating for at least 1 hour they are baked in the oven and the remaining jerk seasoning can be used as a dipping sauce. So head to the kitchen and make these amazing and delicious Jerk Shrimp Skewers for your next party or just to enjoy them for lunch, dinner or appetizer.
Here is the recipe:
340g/ 1lb raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail-on)
8g/ 2 tsp ground allspice
8g/ 2 tsp ground cloves
4g/ 1 tsp ground cumin
4g/ 1 tsp cinnamon
4g/ 1 tsp nutmeg
100g/ 1 cup chopped scallions
6g/ 1.5 tsp salt
8g/ 2 tsp black pepper
80g/ 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
3-4 Scotch Bonnet peppers (chopped and de-seeded)
28g/ 2 tbsp. fresh ginger (chopped)
28g/ 2 tbsp.. vegetable or olive oil
14g/ 1 tbsp. minced garlic
14g/ 1 tbsp. thyme
28g/ 2 tbsp. brown sugar
14g/ 1 tbsp. lime juice
14g/ 1 tbsp. soy sauce
21g/ 1.5 tbsp.. white vinegar
Preheat oven to 425F/213C
In a food processor combine all ingredients (except shrimp) and blend to a smooth paste
Rinse and dry shrimp thoroughly
In a large bowl, add shrimp and ½ of jerk seasoning and combine
Cover with cling then transfer shrimp to refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Place shrimp on skewers (metal ones used in this recipe)
Transfer skewers to a baking tray sprayed with non-stick product (line with foil/parchment if you prefer).
Bake @ 425F/213C for 8 minutes (ovens vary)
Flip skewers over after 8 minutes.
Bake for a final 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in color.
Serve with remaining jerk seasoning/sauce, lime wedges, or your favorite side dishes
Note: Scotch Bonnet peppers very spicy so deseed them (optional)..
- Jerk Shrimp Skewers will definitely impress your friends! ( Read More)
- How to Cook Garlic Butter Steak| Easy Steak Recipe ( Read More)
- Super Easy Loaded Shrimp Bake Potato Recipe! ( Read More)
- Loaded Shrimp Bake Potatoes / Ray Mack's Kitchen & Grill ( Read More)
- How to Grill Rice | Easy Grilling Tips ( Read More)
- How to Make Shrimp Fried Rice EASY| Chinese Fried Rice Recipe| Better Than Take Out ( Read More)
- HOW TO MAKE : CAJUN SHRIMP AND RICE | CREOLE SHRIMP AND RICE || FRUGALLYT ( Read More)
- Loaded BACON & Shrimp Baked Potato ( Read More)
- How To Make Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta - 30 Minute Meal ( Read More)
- Shrimp and Grits | Shrimp and Grits Recipe ( Read More)
- Garlic Shrimp Recipes / Easy Garlic Buttered Shrimp Recipe ( Read More)
- JERK ALFREDO Shrimp and Grit Cakes (Easy Recipe) ( Read More)
- Seafood Stuffed Lobster Tail Recipe ( Read More)
- how to make some jamaican 🇯🇲🇯🇲style steam doctor fish 🐠😋😋✌️ OUT ( Read More)
- CHEESY GARLIC SHRIMP N’ BROCCOLI MASHED POTATOES ( Read More)
- Jamaican Style Brown Stew Fish ( Read More)
- The Best Way to Grill Shrimp ( Read More)
- STEAK & SHRIMP FAJITAS | TACO TUESDAY RECIPES 🔥🌮 ( Read More)
- EASY BAKED SNOWCRABS AT HOME WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING #STAYHOME ( Read More)