Cubed pared watermelon rind (3/4″ cubes) 4 c. Heat water to boiling in large kettle. Place in glass bowl or crock.
Grandma's Sweet Pickled Watermelon 1935 Recipe - This recipe for how to pickle watermelon uses the rind of the watermelon in a sweet and sour spice syrup. The green watermelon skin is peeled away and the white watermelon rind is pickled. This is from the 1935 'Wilken Family Home Cooking Album'
4 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon whole clove
2 cups vinegar
Pare the watermelon rind.
Cut it into 2 inch squares and cook it in boiling water until it is tender.
Put the vinegar, sugar, and spices into a preserving kettle, boil the mixture ten minutes and then cook it slowly for about two hours or until the syrup is thick.
Add the melon rind and simmer it about one hour.
Put into jars.
- Grandma's Sweet Pickled Watermelon 1935 Recipe - Old Cookbook Show ( Read More)
- PICKLED WATERMELON RIND | HOME COOKING | #simplychris ( Read More)
- Pickled Watermelon Rind! (Sweet, Spicy, and Crunchy) ( Read More)
- Do not throw your watermelon rinds, Make Grandma’s Ancient Recipe with it ( Read More)
- Making Pickled Watermelon Rind ( Read More)
- Old Fashioned Southern Watermelon Rind Pickles ( Read More)
- Pickled Watermelon Skins #Shorts ( Read More)
- Watermelon Rind Red Hots Candy / Watermelon Rind Candy ( Read More)
- Pickled Watermelon Rinds: Margie Raimondo. Urbana Farmstead | 2021 ( Read More)
- Pickled Watermelon Rind !!! ( Read More)
- Watermelon Rind Pickles ( Read More)
- Watermelon Rind Pickles, another No Waste recipe. ( Read More)
- Old fashioned Watermelon 🍉 rind preserves ( Read More)
- How to Pickle Watermelon Rind ( Read More)
- PICKLED WATERMELON RIND - make for the crunchiest picklesss ( Read More)
- Add baking soda to the watermelon rind. Super Delicious and very Surprising! ( Read More)
- Watermelon Rind Kimchi / 수박 김치 / Crunchy, Spicy, Sweet & Delicious. The same Kimchi flavor we love! ( Read More)
- WASTE NOT, WANT NOT! Depression Era recipe for WATERMELON RIND PICKLES ( Read More)
- Watermelon Rind - Canning ( Read More)