Place chopped cabbage in the skillet and crumble cooked bacon on top of it. Reduce heat to low and cover. Continue cooking until cabbage is done to your desired tenderness, which is usually about five to ten minutes.
My Printable Ebook with sauerkraut and cabbage roll recipes is available at victoria-bed-and-breakfast.com/2014/07/recipes-using-sauerkraut/ for $4.99
Cooking with cabbage is a wonderful and healthy way to preserve our various heritages. Each village or settlement had their own version of stuffed cabbage. Even every family in every village had some variation they called their own.
These Saxon German style cabbage rolls came from a recipe from my wonderful grandmother who originated from Siebenburgen - Bistritz in Transylvania then part of Hungary, which is now a part of Romania.
Vanessa von Schellwitz - Owner Operater & Chef is an experienced hotelier having owned a large hotel and three restaurants, Formerly Victoria's Busiest Culinary Instructor, Caterer, TV Cooking show Host
.Vanessa von Schellwitz is the owner operator of the Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast, an idyllic 1905 heritage B&B in beautiful downtown Victoria BC, a half block off the Salish Sea. Website is victoria-bed-and-breakfast.com
As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg
Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art Noveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
In fact, the aunt of Vanessas’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of the famous artist Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking.. after moving to Vancouver Island, she honed her "chef skills" under the eye of her brother in law Dieter von Schellwitz who had been the first executive chef at the famous Ilikai Resort in Waikiki, and had chef career in New York and San Francisco.
Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests! Vanessa and her "70’s husband" owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
Author of 7 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information. Call Tollfree 1-877-767-2121 iMessage or Text 250-812-5457 Email: [email protected]
Closed Captioning by Kris Brandhagen. [email protected]
- Cabbage Rolls Recipe, Ayrshire Bacon, Hungarian Romanian, 1 of 3 ( Read More)
- Cabbage Rolls Recipe - Ayrshire Bacon - Hungarian Romanian, 3 of 3 ( Read More)
- Cabbage Rolls Recipe, Ayrshire Bacon, Hungarian Romanian, 2 of 3 ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sauerkraut Recipe, Benefits, Origin, Crock, How to ( Read More)
- Cabbage Rolls Recipe w Sauerkraut Hungarian German Pork ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sour Heads Crock Recipe, Probiotic Drink, Austrian Chef ( Read More)
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe with Sauerkraut Hungarian German Rice ( Read More)
- 3 Ways to Enjoy KIMCHI FRIED RICE! ( Read More)
- PROFESSIONAL CHICKEN FRIED RICE - STREET FOOOD ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sauerkraut in Crock - Captain Cook, Scurvy 3of12 ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sauerkraut in Crock, Fermentation Great 8of12 ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sauerkraut in Crock, Natural Probiotic Digestion 10of11 ( Read More)
- A Taste of History (S6E5): General Hand, Redcoat/Patriot ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sauerkraut in Crock, Vitamins and Healing, 6of12 ( Read More)
- How to Prepare Freirich Traditional Corned Beef Featuring Claire Robinson ( Read More)
- THE LEGENDARY CHILI GARLIC SAUCE UNLOCKING THE SECRET ( Read More)
- THE BEST NIGERIAN FRIED RICE RECIPE : SPECIAL CHICKEN FRIED RICE | SISI JEMIMAH ( Read More)
- Cabbage Recipes Sauerkraut in Crock, Warming vs Cooking 7of12 ( Read More)
- Sauerkraut Bratwurst Recipes, Bacon, Onions Breakfast - Gingerbread Cottage ( Read More)