If you have another way. Add steamed green beans to a large mixing bowl, stir in cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup of cheese, and half of the french. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
We think these fresh green beans sauced with creamy mushroom soup and topped with crunchy baked onion rings will become a new family favorite. Find the recipe here wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/fresh-green-bean-casserole.
Natural cooking spray
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound green beans, cut into (2-inch) pieces
1 (14.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (not condensed)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking sheet and a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray; set both aside.
In a large bowl, combine flours, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and cayenne. Add onions and toss to coat. Pour buttermilk over onions and toss again to coat. In a second large bowl, combine breadcrumbs and oil then add onions and toss gently to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Bake, gently tossing halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes; drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
Add soup, half of the onion rings, remaining salt and remaining pepper to the bowl with green beans and toss gently. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, top with remaining onion rings and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 340 calories (60 from fat), 6g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 55g carbohydrates, (12 g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 17g protein.
About Whole Foods:
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we're all about. Oh yeah, we're a mission-driven company too.
Connect with Whole Foods Market Online:
Visit the Whole Foods Market WEBSITE: wholefoodsmarket.com
Like Whole Foods Market on FACEBOOK: facebook.com/wholefoods
Follow Whole Foods Market on TWITTER: twitter.com/wholefoods
Follow Whole Foods Market on INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/wholefoods
Check Whole Foods Market out on PINTEREST: pinterest.com/wholefoods
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole | Freshly Made | Whole Foods Market ( Read More)
- The Best Green Bean Casserole - THANKSGIVING ( Read More)
- French's FAMOUS GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - How to make GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE Recipe ( Read More)
- How to Make Fresh Green Bean Casserole ( Read More)
- French Onion Green Bean Casserole Recipe - Thanksgiving Green Bean Side Dish ( Read More)
- The Pioneer Woman Makes Green Bean Casserole | The Pioneer Woman | Food Network ( Read More)
- Ultimate Green Bean Casserole ( Read More)
- Alton Brown's Green Bean Casserole 2.0 ( Read More)
- 3 Ways to Make Delicious Green Bean Casserole | Thanksgiving Sides Show | Allrecipes.com ( Read More)
- Valerie Bertinelli's Green Bean Casserole Salad | Valerie's Home Cooking | Food Network ( Read More)
- Classic Green Beans Au Gratin - Food Wishes ( Read More)
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole - Perfect Side Dish! ( Read More)
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole | KJ & Company ( Read More)
- The Perfect Green Bean Casserole | Keep It Simple ( Read More)
- Cameron cooks up a Classic Green Bean Casserole - Home & Family ( Read More)
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe (Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe) | How to make GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE ( Read More)
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole Recipe | How To Make Green Bean Casserole From Scratch! ( Read More)
- Green Bean Casserole ( Read More)
- How to Make Green Bean Casserole ( Read More)