Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend in the flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in hot milk and whisk constantly until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup gruyere cheese, parmesan cheese, minced onion, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
Subscribe ► foodtv.com/YouTube
Get the recipe ► foodtv.com/3oVMtdB
Ina Garten throws open the doors of her Hamptons home for delicious food, dazzling entertaining ideas and good fun on Barefoot Contessa.
Welcome to Food Network, where learning to cook is as simple as clicking play! Grab your apron and get ready to get cookin' with some of the best chefs around the world. We'll give you a behind-the-scenes look at our best shows, take you inside our favorite restaurant and be your resource in the kitchen to make sure every meal is a 10/10!
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten
Total: 50 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
1 (3-pound) head cauliflower, cut into large florets
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups hot milk
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3/4 cup freshly grated Gruyere, divided
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Off the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of the Gruyere, and the Parmesan.
Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of an 8 by 11 by 2-inch baking dish. Place the drained cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/4 cup of Gruyere and sprinkle on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the gratin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
2004, Barefoot in Paris, All Rights Reserved
Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.
► FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN APP: foodtv.com/FNKApp
► WEBSITE: foodnetwork.com
► FULL EPISODES: watch.foodnetwork.com
► FACEBOOK: facebook.com/FoodNetwork
► INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/FoodNetwork
► TWITTER: twitter.com/FoodNetwork
#InaGarten #BarefootContessa #FoodNetwork #CauliflowerGratin
Ina's Make-Ahead Cauliflower Gratin How-To | Barefoot Contessa | Food Network
- Ina's Make-Ahead Cauliflower Gratin How-To | Barefoot Contessa | Food Network ( Read More)
- How to Make Creamy, Comforting Cauliflower Gratin ( Read More)
- OTK What's for Dinner Curried Cauliflower Cheese Filo Pie ( Read More)
- #HomeMade recipe: Mustard cauliflower gratin • Simple Meals by Gorenje ( Read More)
- Easy Cauliflower Gratin - Martha Stewart ( Read More)
- Cauliflower Gratin | Emeril Lagasse ( Read More)
- The Best Cauliflower Cheese | Jamie Oliver ( Read More)
- Chou-fleur Sans oeuf Sans viande Sans friture👌🔝 Délicieuse recette saine et saveureuse | ASMR RECIPE ( Read More)
- Gratin de chou-fleur lait de coco & curry ( Read More)
- Cauliflower Au Gratin / Cooking Recipes ( Read More)
- Cauliflower ham cheese gratin 🇫🇷 _Easy Cauliflower Gratin with bechamel sauce | how to make bechamel ( Read More)
- Roasted CAULIFLOWER au Gratin ( Read More)
- Easy Cauliflower Cheese Recipe ( Read More)
- Cauliflower, Leek and Bacon Gratin | 2015 Milk Calendar ( Read More)
- The Very Best Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe ( Read More)
- Making Mayo's Recipes: Potato Cauliflower Au Gratin ( Read More)
- A WONDERFUL RECIPE SMOKED HADDOCK & CAULIFLOWER GRATIN QUICK& TASTY FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY EASY SUPPER ( Read More)
- Essential Pepin: Veg-In! ( Read More)
- Potato Al Forno | Jamie Oliver ( Read More)