Mexican restaurant in carrollton. Opening at 11:00 am. Because they make orders fresh so you may wait of you pull up to order.
►SUBSCRIBE for 2 new videos per week: bit.ly/MarkWiensSubscribe
►T-shirts and caps available now: migrationology.com/store/
Thanks to Jeffrey Merrihue ( instagram.com/jeffrey_merrihue/) and Austin Burgess ( instagram.com/rocketburgess/).
Along with Jeffrey and Austin - two food extreme friends, we set off on a day of Mexican food and fun feasting in greater LA.
Gilberto’s Taquiza - For the first stop on this Mexican street food tour, we drove all the way to West Covina, California, about 45 minutes from Central Los Angeles, to a little spot known as Gilberto’s Taquiza. Jeffrey made sure to call Gilberto himself to reserve some of the meat dripping dynamite sticks to make sure we had some. The dynamite sticks are essentially stewed lamb, cooked until fall apart tender and dripping with oil. In order to make them he dunked a tortilla into the hot oil, sizzled it on the hot plate, filled it with the fall apart tender meat, and rolled it up into a taquito. The result was spectacular. Everything else was delicious too, but the dynamite sticks were crazily good.
Total price - $35 for everything
Birrieria Guadalajara - Next we drove a little further towards Riverside, California, to eat birria, a special Mexican goat stew. Again, this is another Mexican food that just melts in your mouth, meat cooked until fall apart tender. It was spectacular and all the staff were very friendly as well.
Total price - $32 for everything
Mitla Cafe - Right across the street from Birrieria Guadalajara you will find Mitla Cafe, home to the original crunchy American taco. An American taco is a crunchy shell, ground beef, iceberg lettuce, yellow cheese, and tame salsa. As the true story goes, Glen Bell was selling food across the street and used to come to Mitla Cafe to eat their amazing crunchy tacos. Eventually he got the owner to show him how to make the crunchy tacos, and he later started the entire taco bell empire. The downside is that he never admitted that he got the idea and recipe from Mitla Cafe. It’s nice to see Mitla Cafe is still doing very well, and their crunchy American tacos are fantastic.
Price - $13.95
Taco Bell - Yes, just for comparison purposes, we had to go to the nearly Taco Bell. It had been years since I had last eaten taco bell. I have to admit the crunchy tacos were decent, but the crunchwrap supreme doritos locos thing we order, nope. That just didn’t do it for me.
Mariscos Jalisco - Finally to end this Mexican street food tour of LA, we headed to Mariscos Jalisco, a legendary seafood truck serving their famous shrimp tostadas and the Poseidon. They were delicious in every dimension, and it was the perfect ending to this full day of amazing Mexican food in LA.
Total price - $13 for everything
Thank you for watching this LA food video!
***CAMERA GEAR*** I used to make this video (these are affiliate links):
Main camera: amzn.to/2sV0XQO
Main lens: amzn.to/2szLZNf
2nd lens: amzn.to/2EjBeEg
I would love to connect with you!
- The Original Taco Bell Tacos - MEXICAN STREET FOOD Tour in Los Angeles, California! ( Read More)
- GOLDEN MEAT JACUZZI 🌮 Carnitas Tacos + Loaded Quesadillas!! Best Street Food in Los Angeles!! ( Read More)
- Extreme MEXICAN STREET FOOD in Los Angeles!! 🌮 DINO DRUMSTICKS + Backyard Breakfast!! ( Read More)
- Mexican Street Food in Tijuana 🇲🇽 INSANE TACOS TOUR IN MEXICO 🌮(Part 2) ( Read More)
- The BEST Ground Beef Tacos Recipe ( Read More)
- The 5 BEST Tacos In Los Angeles In 2022 ( Read More)
- The Best Tacos In LA | Best Of The Best ( Read More)
- COMPETITION MEXICAN STREET TACOS - TEX-MEX VS AUTHENTIC. (Mexican food) ( Read More)
- Ultimate Mexican Street Food Tour!! MEAT JUICE TACOS + Sonoran Hot Dogs in Tucson, Arizona!! ( Read More)
- The Ultimate MEXICAN STREET FOOD TACOS Tour of Mexico City! (ft. La Ruta de la Garnacha) ( Read More)
- The Original Fish Tacos 🐟 🌮 !! MEXICAN STREET FOOD in Ensenada, Mexico!! 🇲🇽 ( Read More)
- Chevys Fresh Mex Novato Perfect 5 Star Review by Victoria E. ( Read More)
- STEAK TACOS | Carne Asada Recipe | How To Make Mexican Street Tacos ( Read More)
- Top 5 TACO Shops In Los Angeles 2022 (Food Tour!) ( Read More)
- San Diego Mexican FOOD TOUR! (3 types of TACOS 🌮, California Burrito, & Carne Asada Fries) ( Read More)
- LA Food Truck Serves The Juiciest Tacos | Food Insider ( Read More)
- TRADITIONAL Mexican STREET FOOD Tour of Los Angeles ( Read More)
- Cheesy carne asada tacos ( Read More)
- Carne Asada Mexican Street Tacos Recipe - MIND BLOWINGLY DELICIOUS! ( Read More)